Happy Thanksgiving! And also Happy Birthday to my lil sister!
All of the pictures attached are from Thursday. Our Thanksgiving started out with Lincoln attending classes while Sadie and I stayed indoors and enjoyed the cooling rains (yes, there was class for Lincoln on both Thursday and Friday, no American holidays celebrated down here). Sadie never gets enough of the tropical storms and loves to go dance in the rain. The rains didn't last long and around lunchtime Sadie and I ventured to school to partake in the Thanksgiving feast that the Prep School hosted for all the families. It was very enjoyable, they had all the normal foods: Turkey, Stuffing, Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce, Island Sweet Potatoes (similar to yams, but a slightly different variety), and pumpkin cake.
After filling up on lunch and hanging around to play with friends, Sadie and I rushed home to get part of dinner ready for the Branch potluck. Not really a "Branch" potluck, it just so happened that most of the people involved were Branch members. We had Thanksgiving dinner on a lovely deck right on the beach, overlooking the ocean. It was wonderful to eat Thanksgiving dinner while observing the fiery sunset over the Caribbean ocean. Not going to lie though, I do look forward to having school off on Thanksgiving so that I can put more effort into meals.
In closing, here are few of the things we are thankful for this year: supportive families and friends, even so far away; opportunity Lincoln has to attend medical school; Sadie's health and enthusiasm for life; the opportunities I have had to explore this beautiful island; tithing, even though we don't pay a regular tithing right now (since we don't have an income right now). Ok, let me expound on that last one: I am grateful that I married a man that believes in the principle of paying tithing and has helped me honor that commitment. I truly believe that because we've been faithful in paying tithing our whole lives the Lord is blessing us now with the ability to make our dollar stretch a little further and allow us so many comforts here. Often, we'll hear of students (both families and single students) running out of funds at the end of a semester, we've been blessed with the knowledge and foresight to budget well and we've even been able to go on a few added adventures at the end of the semesters. Finally, we are thankful so much to the Lord for making this whole adventure possible and for taking such good care of us during our sojourn. This is probably due to all of your prayers on our behalf, so THANK you so much for all of your support and love, it really has helped sustain us as we struggle/party through this stage of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment