Monday, June 18, 2012

All Caught Up

Took just under 2 months, but I am finally all caught up with posts since January!  They've all been dated under the dates when they occurred so if you're interested in seeing all the posts I've uploaded, just click on one of the links below:

Art Festival
Thanksgiving
Holiday Party
Christmas
Christmas Break and Friends
Back to Dominica
Kids Festival
Sadie's Going to be a Big Sister!
Dance Class
Football and Championships
Final Adventures from Dominica
Back in the USA
New Home in Saginaw

Lincoln took the COMP on May 18th (comprehensive test of all med school material learned thus far) and totally crushed it!!!  This is a great comfort to both of us as we know that his study skills are working and we now know what to expect for the Step I (first of many Board tests that Lincoln must do well on to become a doctor).  It has been exactly one week since Sadie started potty-training.  She officially is!  I think the 3hr church, with 2 of it being in nursery without me there, qualifies as "official" now that I know she's willing to get help by other adults.

We're almost halfway through the semester, can you believe it?  I can't.  Not only is time going by so much faster because we're in the states and are actually comfortable relaxing at home, but Lincoln's 5th semester is only 12 weeks long.  We are at the start of week 6.  Lincoln's final is August 3rd, since we arrived in Saginaw on April 19th, it feels like August 3rd is almost here! What happened?

We'll be staying up here for an additional month so that Lincoln can study for and take Step I the first week of September.  After that, we'll be at the mercy of Ross as to whether we'll be able to stay in Arizona for a few weeks or if they'll decide to send us elsewhere.  Prayers and best wishes will be nice for that.  As crazy as Dominica was during our 4 semesters there, at least we knew we were going to be there a year.  Now that we're flying through 5th semester, a lot of questions are coming up as to what the future exactly holds for us.  At least our adventures won't be ending anytime soon!

Speaking of adventures, our website title is becoming obsolete since we no longer live in Dominica.  Any suggestions?  Any at all would be helpful as this is the one area I've been completely blanking on.  As for the rest of the website's upcoming makeover, I'm working on the pictures, colors, and layout right now.  The way website design works is that you won't be seeing the progress, you'll only see it when I upload the final product.  Thanks for all your support and patience as I've been working on keeping this updated!

3 comments:

  1. love the suggestions above. or Matheson Observations?
    And love you "all caught up" title I just jotting down maybe a doable timeline ad think I may be caught up by August...and I'm not pregnant, have not lived on an island this year, nor do I have a husband in school. (remember mine is 'the dr that can't help anyone'?!) Great job!! I need to redo my template as the dynamic one I've been using since fall is not conducive to archiving pdfs the way I'd like. If you have any suggestions, oh wise techie niece, I'd love to hear them!

    love your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... "Mathesons on the Move" if I don't get anything else, that might be the winner, has a nice sound to it and will probably be accurate for a while.

    Aunt Dee, the biggest reason I fell behind was because my laptop died in February, so I was computerless for 3 months :( Felt like forever though! This summer will probably be the least busy of my entire life so I'm trying to take advantage of it. You mention archiving pdfs? How do you go about doing that? I've exported my blog as backup before but I'd like a better way to go about doing that.

    ReplyDelete

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?