Sunday, November 20, 2011

Art Festival

The weekend after my parents left there was the annual Arts Festival.  It only happens once a year in November, so this was the only time we would get to see the festival.  Friday was the kick-off at 4pm and the Festival continued all the next day. Saturday was the busiest day as they were handing out raffle tickets and prizes all day long.  I only snapped a few photos as Sadie was tired Friday night and she had a TON of energy on Saturday that prevented me from doing anything except keep track of her.  Still lots of fun. Sadie and I both purchased adorable woven basket-purses from the local Kalingo indians as well as food and some jewelry pieces.  Sadie was a complete hit with all of the vendors.  She even managed to get a free shirt and a free bracelet! Ha ha, if only I was as cute.  I also purchased Sadie an adorable little local style dress that's dark maroon and has some local patterns on it and I got a few pieces of really nice jewelry (one necklace from 2 coconut shells on top of each other, shaped like a hummingbird, real simple design, and then I also purchased a silver ring sculpted into the local symbol for "strength".  All in all, Sadie and I had a great time hanging with friends and admiring all of the artwork, jewelry, clothes, dolls, and other art pieces on display.  Oh! We also purchased a little ball ornament personalized with our name on one side and a waterfall on the other (don't worry, it's not glass, Sadie already tested it).

Oh, one last thing: all proceeds from the kids corner (2nd pic), the raffle, the Spouses Bake Sale, and 15% of the profits from everyone else went to local charities. Hence one of the reasons I talked myself into buying so much... ha ha.  Maybe I'll remember to take pictures of some of the treasures we found... uh, that was another joke, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?