Before I get into the adorable Sadie-Daddy-beach pictures. I am first going to tell you briefly about Dominica Independence Day. Dominica Day happens on November 3rd every year and the month of October is National Pride Month. Everyone wears the colorful Creole plaids and all of the stores even get dressed up. It was so much fun to experience. They celebrate it with Heritage Festivals and lots of music and dancing. I think we need to learn something from them and bring more music and dancing into more of the USA holidays.
2nd, in order to stay busy and make friends, I started a small ASL class with some of the kids here (kids of the students/faculty). Classes are now over this semester, and because of the overwhelming positive response of the class, I will be continuing it next semester, splitting into more classes. This semester, the students were split into groups and recited simple stories in ASL. If you'd like to see a video, email me. I uploaded the videos to Youtube, but they remain unlisted, so you'll need to contact me for the links.
Lincoln's 2nd test of the semester was mid-October and was especially nice because Lincoln was able to spend some beach time with Sadie and I at the beach. The weather was lovely and the sunset was just perfect for taking some pictures of the special daddy-daughter bond that Sadie and Lincoln have.
No comments:
Post a Comment