The first week of November was wonderful. Mainly, because Lincoln's test on Friday meant that all weekend he had no new material to study so I was able to kidnap him on a snorkeling trip to Scott's Head and Champagne Bay the very next day. I got some wonderful pictures. I decided not to hike all the way to the top of the hill at Scott's Head because of how overgrown it was. Sadie also voted that getting in the water was more important than anything else. Weather was lovely and it was such a treat to have Lincoln on a trip.
Before I forget, there's been a development in Sadie's vocabulary that I keep forgetting to inform you of: a few weeks ago, I was opening up a small package of post-it notes when Sadie walked up. She pointed to the paper and asked "Sadie cheese?" (cheese down here is wrapped in small squares slightly bigger than your standard post-it pad) "no, Sadie, this is not cheese, this is paper" I pulled off a couple pieces of paper off the top and handed them to her so she could examine them for herself. After a few moments of intense concentration, she held them up to be triumphantly and announced "Mommy! Cheese Paper!" ever since then, whenever I pull it out to make a note or she's sees notes of other people, she points and exclaims "cheese paper!" I'm not gonna lie, I hope that remains her phrase for "post-it" for a long time.
Oh, I probably should have taken photos, but we had the missionaries over for dinner the very next Sunday. This is amazing because we haven't had missionaries on the island the whole time we've been here. They just arrived just over a month ago are here on a trial basis. There were actually 3 pairs initially sent over to help jump-start the work here (we only had one pair over for dinner). Funny thing, Elder Piperato (I think I'm remembering his name correctly), he knows Seth Wilson, they were in the same group (for those of you that don't know, Elder Wilson is the son of a former Bishop of Lincoln and mine, in the single's ward we were in). Small world, huh? Anyway, both Elder P... and Elder Hill go home in a month, kind of crazy to think about. It was a good visit and Sadie had SO much fun with them. Elder Piperato kept trying to get Sadie to call Elder Hill "niƱa" (spanish, for "little girl") I'm worried that they confused Sadie because that's all she called either of them the rest of the night! Ha ha, good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment