Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Michelle's Birthday



The day of my birthday fell on a Thursday, nothing special, just an ordinary Thursday.  Spending the day at home with my princess definitely made up for the ordinary-ness of the day.  There was a lot of pretty-ing and nail-painting going on. Sadie even did the honors and applied my make-up for me (sorry, no pictures of that).  Many friends and family members emailed, texted, or skyped with me to wish me well on my birthday.  I was especially touched when my Aunt Dee posted a special blog entry for me. THANKS Aunt Dee!!!!!!
 
The real fun came on Saturday, when Lincoln took the evening off to have a date night.
We went to dinner and then had some crazy camera fun on campus.
That was the first time I had attempted something like that with my camera, I learned a lot and so next time I'll be able to do it a lot better.  With all my many wonderful friends and family, close-by in heart and mind if not physically, I had a wonderful birthday.  The saddest thing about living here in Dominica for 16months is that during those extra 4 months, not one of us will be able to celebrate a 2nd birthday in the Caribbean.  Ah well, I guess I should count myself lucky to have celebrated even 1 birthday in this beautiful paradise.

1 comment:

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?