Saturday, October 1, 2011

Camera Phones

While Sadie and I were enjoying watching General Conference at the new Family Center on campus, I started thinking "hey, I should take pictures and a video of this room to show our family back home". When I reached for my nice camera I noticed my Blackberry smart phone (I carry it with me to have access to phone numbers and music for Sadie in the stroller). I thought "wow, if we were in the states, I could just snap a picture or a video with that and send it instantly".  Being in Dominica, you'll need to wait for that photo and video I took.

Apologies for not having them ready to post right away, but I still wanted to post something tonight since Lincoln is neither at home nor studying. Priesthood Session! Anyway, I'm trying to get caught up on my to-do list and tonight, blogging is the perfect way to avoid that.  Usually, I'm behind on blogs and as a result, it goes on my to-do list and I promptly forget about it.  Since it's not there today, of course that's what I feel like doing. ha ha! How many of you will often do "productive" things to avoid your to-do list, simply because it is a "to-do" list?  Well, I often forget about my to-do list, and that leads to other problems. Especially, when some of the to-do items are scheduled in and involve other people!  I discovered this free program (no, not illegal, it's actually free) that I can't remember the name of right now... but it puts a little sticky-note on your desktop. Yes!!! Now, every time I get on my computer ready to procrastinate, that little sticky note is glaring at me and I usually end up accomplishing at least part of one of the goals. GO ME!  It's a start...

Being that Conference didn't start until noon for the morning session and 4pm for the afternoon session, Sadie and I ended up missing the 2nd session due to a whiny "I don't wanna take a nap I still wanna play and I'm still hungry" mood that Sadie was in. I wasn't even able to turn on my laptop. By 5pm when things had slowed down I was too tired and almost fell asleep myself when I felt Sadie kiss my forehead (kisses automatically wake people up, in case you didn't know) and say "mommy seeping?" I mumbled something and she said "ok, mommy, seep" and proceeded to get into all sorts of trouble. Ya, no naps for either one of us today.  That made for an early bedtime at least!

Look at that, it's like a complete rambling of nonsense that made up my day :) Just so that you don't all hate me, here are a few pictures. No, not of Sadie, I'm a member of a digital scrapbook site Peppermint Creative that gives photography contents twice a month. It's a really great way for me to practice.  I'm also using the digital scrapbook items I'm collecting (there are freebies and prizes for winning contests) to start scrapbooking. ooh! maybe I'll share a sneak peak with you. My style of "scrapbooking" involves a collage of pictures together on a brightly colored piece of paper, so no judging, I'm not motivated enough to put more into it, I only really scrapbook because of this site. (and because I'm specifically working on a book to send my brother that's on a mission right now).

 The goal of this photo and the one below is to have a "Bokeh" shot,
where the foreground is in focus and the background is a complete blur.
The other challenge was "nightime" could be anything taken at nighttime.
For my first entry (you're allowed 2 entries) I used a shot from my last blog post
and for my 2nd, I used this lightning shot from the Tropical Storm Ophelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?