The end of our saga soon came to an end. But not before experiencing a Kids Festival:
Sadie ran into her friend, Jaz, ate lots of sweets, and even sat still long enough for
another friend to paint a pretty flower on her cheek.
another friend to paint a pretty flower on her cheek.
Sadie couldn't get enough "Mimi" time and enjoyed showing Amy how to do things,
such as grocery shopping.
such as grocery shopping.
When we hiked Indian River, Amy bravely walked the plank while carrying Sadie
(hidden on the other side of Amy)
(hidden on the other side of Amy)
We made it to the end goal safe and sound. Sadie actually walked most of the way herself! Such a trooper.
I love the lighting in this picture, the little white flowers smelled absolutely divine,
they were amazing.
Amy's last full day here we spent on the beach just enjoying the
day and each others company.
they were amazing.
Amy's last full day here we spent on the beach just enjoying the
day and each others company.
I feel like these pictures speak for themselves.
The next day we had to drop off Amy at the airport :( there were some "Dominican" complications involved and Amy ended up taking a later flight (darn pirates holding up voyages). Needless to say, by the time we got Amy checked in and ready to go, we were happy. Happy that we had such a great time. Happy that Amy was boarding a trustworthy vessel. Happy that it would be less than 6 months before we'd see each other again. And happy that Sadie wasn't there clinging to Amy's shirt causing her to miss a 2nd flight that day. All in all, a wonderful trip. THANK YOU AMY for taking the time to come visit.
It meant the world to me.
It meant the world to me.
so glad you had a wonderful time with your friend!
ReplyDeleteand glad that you take multiple posts for important things...like the family vacations that seem to take me forever. I know I need to post fewer pics, but I figure that it's our family history...and I like them!