This morning, I lost one of Sadie's shoes while out walking (the only pair that Sadie has). We had been on our way to Ross' tennis courts to take part in a stroller fitness class. One of my friends there was kind enough to watch Sadie while I ran back the entire 1/2 mile (or longer) to where our road meets the main road to look for it. I fervently prayed the entire run that I would find it. No such luck. I ran back and sat with Sadie while the other girls worked out (pretty sure my run was plenty long enough to count)
Later, on the walk home, I said another quick prayer that maybe by walking slowly I'd have a better chance of locating it. As I turned onto our home road I said another prayer that maybe I didn't find it earlier because it had been dropped closer to our house. Sure enough, only 1/4 mile out from our apartment I found it. Sadie didn't fully understand what was going on until I handed her the original shoe (so she was holding both) she was thrilled and started hugging them. :) I knelt down next to her and we prayed our thanks to Heavenly Father for answering such a seemingly small prayer.
Prayer works, and Heavenly Father really does care about me, He cares enough to even help me in the smallest things.
-Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment