Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dance Class

Can you believe that Lincoln's at the end of his 2nd year of med school? I can't.  Time seems to be standing still and flying past us all at the same time.  The 2 things I'll miss most about Dominica is the beach/scenery and the good friends we've made.  This semester, Sadie's started taking dance class with some of her friends, those are mainly the pictures I've included.  She loves dance class and everyday asks if we're going.  She takes the dance class with her new best friend, Davica, and I try to let them play together as much as possible given that we only have a couple weeks left (15 days, actually) on the island.



The last picture in the line-up is of Kaylee, Sadie, and Davica sitting along a wall down in Roseau while we waited for the shuttle to take us back to Portsmouth.  That was the last time I will ever see Roseau (well, for the next dozen years, at least) and it was a rather bitter-sweet trip.  The one item I'd been looking for everywhere that I finally found that trip was some amazing steel drum music!  Every semester, there's a welcome BBQ for the incoming first semester students (and other semesters usually attend as well, both for the free food and to meet the incoming students and families) and they always have a live steel drum band playing. One of the members in the band actually works at one of the juice shacks that we frequent so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?