Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kids Festival


Right, not much to say.  I was in charge of the kids festival this year, and as a result I actually ended up with LESS pictures, ha ha!  Anyway, these are some of the ones I snapped.  It turned out great.  I loved being in charge of it because the kids really don't care how well it's done or how fancy it is, as long as they get candy, pizza, prizes, and get to play lots of games.  That cute little girl at the bottom of the pictures is Davica (obviously, I'm referring to the cute girl next to the other cute girl known as Sadie).  Her dad is a 1st semester and it took less than a week for her and Sadie to become fast friends.  Sadly, we'll be saying good-bye in only 4 weeks.  When Sadie first met Davica she pronounced her name "Mocka" and Davica didn't like it.  Davica's mom finally succeeded in explaining that Sadie wasn't making fun of her, that was how she said "Davica". Well, then Davica decided that Sadie wasn't actually trying to say "Davica" but that "Mocka" was Sadie's word for "friend" so now Davica calls Sadie "Mocka" as well (even though both Sadie and Davica can now easily say the other's name correctly).  Sadie will miss her so much when we leave but at least we will still have access to Skype!

Oh, the blessings of technology, they've allowed us to keep quite a bit of our sanity while we've been sequestered on this little island.  Even though this blog is only one direction (me to you) it feels as though I'm including you all in our adventures and thus, are not so far away.  Thanks for reading, seeing the view counts go up really helps me feel loved and not forgotten.  Stay tuned, next post will hopefully be a happy football one! (Since the football championship is coming up)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?