A belated Merry Christmas! And Happy New Year!
We weren't able to send out many cards this year but just tried to hand them out to as many people as possible. Sadly, our printer had some issues so many of you only received a photo. Even more sad, we missed some of you altogether! The picture is the size of a 4x6 if you so desire to print one out. My apologies to those of you that are seeing the picture for the first time, with less than a 3week break in the states, sending out Christmas cards didn't make it very high on our to-do list. We're doing well and looking forward to an even more exciting year in 2012, made all the more exciting because it's anyone's guess as to where we'll be a year from now! We miss you all and hope to see more of you this next year!
Now for the Christmas Letter and Photo:
(Click link to view the original printed letter)
Now for the Christmas Letter and Photo:
(Click link to view the original printed letter)
Great... I'm only 2yrs old and this will be the 2nd year I've been in charge of the Christmas letter. Mom and Dad really need to free up their schedules, I can't do this next year, way too much work. I'm so busy as it is with exploring, learning to cook, learning to read, singing, dancing, and helping mom carry things around. No time for a letter! Hmm... well, my mom has been on the 'puter a lot lately (though she calls it a laptop), and I've learned a thing or two from watching her while I munch on popcorn. Google "Christmas letter ideas"... ooh, hey, I like this idea: spell Christmas and have each letter represent something you did that year. Uh, I like that except that I can't spell "Christmas". Hey, there's our map on the wall that has some really big letters on it, I'll just use the letters in whatever that word spells. Here goes:
Daddy: At the very beginning of the year, dad dragged mom and me out to the BIG jungle-beach-pool-party place so he could go study medicine and become a doctor. He's been really busy, I haven't seen him a lot. When I do, he always has time to wrestle me and teach me all sorts of interesting sport stuff. I try real hard to throw the football like he shows me, but it's harder than it looks.
Oreos: Mom and dad sometimes get really excited at the store when they see these cookies; apparently, they haven't had them in a while. I don't understand, we seem to eat them quite a lot down here.
Mommy: Between taking care of me and trying to stay busy, mommy has started a lot of things down here. She's started teaching beginning ASL classes to some of my friends, takes me on trips all around the island, and let's me eat food in my room and jump on my bed!
Inside: Because it's so hot and humid down here, mommy and I spend most of the day on campus because they have free cold air. I don't understand that. Why would you pay money for air? You can't hold it. Although, if you put a bubble stick in front of the fan it does make lots of bubbles!
Naps: Bleh. Can't tell you about our year without mentioning these. Mommy thinks they're still "good" for me. But I just don't get tired anymore. Mostly, I just think mommy wants me to nap so she can fall asleep (I know, I've caught her sleeping a few times). There's too much to do in a day to sleep though! Read books, dance in my crib, sing songz.....zzzzzzzz
I: Sadie is one pretty girl. Did you know I had a birthday this year? I did. And I am 2! You know what that means? That means I can help mommy wash dishes, turn on the 'puter by myself, open the fridge and get my own food and my own milk, and I can even turn on the TV and put a movie on! Yup, being me is pretty great.
Cars: Last year, I rode in a car all the time (or so mommy tells me), but here we walk everywhere (yes, now that I'm 2, I walk by myself!) and riding in a car is my favorite thing ever! Whenever mom tells me we're going somewhere I always ask "bus?" just in case we'll be taking a car. One of the best things about riding in cars is that I have my mom's full attention. She tends to worry when I lean out of the window to see everything but I don't know why. Daddy told me that when we go visit grandma and grandpa that I'll have to sit in a car-seat. Don't I already ride on the car's seats? I think medical school is making my daddy silly.
America: This is where my gwamma, g'mpa, nana, papi, tassa, dannew, mimi, and cuzzins live! We'll be going there soon and I can't wait to see everyone again! Mommy says Daniel will still be in the 'puter though since he's serving a mission. Oh well, I'll need to send him lots of kisses and loves then.
That's about all that we've done this year. Hopefully, next year will be even more exciting and busy! I can't wait!
Love,
Sadie Michelle Lincoln

No comments:
Post a Comment