Sunday, May 29, 2011

Apolgies for the gap in posts

This month, my laptop decided to die.  This decision led to a suicide attempt. I discovered this and was able to convince it to live a little longer with the promise of lighter burdens and constant attention.  My laptop now will only function properly with 40Gb of its 100Gb capacity free (this means I pretty much operate with our external hard drive attached) as well as a ice pack underneath it to keep it from overheating.  I did not discover the solution right away and so my laptop remained in a coma for most of the month with only occasional signs of life. It is now renewed and ready to keep you up to date with our latest comings and goings.

Since school started, Lincoln has been up to his ears in Neuroscience (study of the brain); Sadie and I have been very grateful for Sunday afternoons to get to see him. The 1st week of school for Sadie and I consisted mainly of getting to know all the new families. So many new families!!! There are now 6 kids in nursery, 3 girls and 3 boys. I'm excited that there are lots of new kids for Sadie to play with.  The 2nd week of school brought a trip to Roseau where I bought 72 litres of milk; now, milk is not the same as it is in the states, it's the reconstituted kind that comes in a litre box that you can put on your shelf. Stays good there for months. I'm hoping that the 20gallons of milk we have will last us at least this semester (4months) but somehow I doubt that.

Saturday, the 21st, was Lincoln's birthday; I was able to talk him out of studying long enough to join me for dinner at a nice restaurant here (I got Lincoln to try sushi for the first time in his life, he didn't hate it either) and then we took a stroll on the beach. All of this we did while our wonderful friends watched Sadie.  After Sadie went to bed, Lincoln and I ate popcorn and watched the new Pirates movie, lots of fun.  Sunday, I finally made him a birthday cake, the yummy chocolate kind with sweetened condensed milk drizzled and soaked into the cake.




This last week, Sadie and I had fun exploring around town while Lincoln discovered a new love for all things Neuro. Yesterday, Sadie and I went with a ton of friends and visited the wonderful Batibou Beach where a ton of the "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" scenes were filmed.  It was, by far, the most AMAZING beach I have ever seen or visited in my life!  Beautiful warm water, long sandy beaches, a reef just off the shore to explore, lots of palm trees providing shade all day long, and lots of areas to explore.  I can't wait to go back. In fact, I don't think I'll be able to wait until next semester, Sadie and I will likely visit the beach again in July.

Be sure to check out the pictures and videos. I found 3 really old videos that had never been uploaded, as well as 4 more from the past few weeks. Enjoy!  Hopefully, my computer will stay alive for a while longer so that I continue to keep you updated!

P.S. Here's a cute pic that Tacia captured while skyping with Sadie: 

2 comments:

  1. Ick--sorry to hear about the laptop situation!!! Three other people I know have had their laptops die (including Daves) in the last few months. Our theory is that Dominica is a black hole for electronics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black hole for electronics, I love it! It certainly fits considering it also destroyed our PS3 (no idea how) and our Wii (fixable).

    ReplyDelete

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?