Sunday, May 8, 2011

Adventures over break

Because so much happened over the 3wk break (Lincoln's final was on a Monday, so we actually got 3 full weeks of break) I'm just going to give a synopsis and include a slide show, uh links to the pictures, maybe 1 or two favorite pictures.  (slide show has WAY too many photos to be easily included and links are messy, so I'll just pick a few and just leave it up to you to go check out the photo albums page for the rest of them).

Right after the final, Lincoln and I spent the next few days doing nothing. It was wonderful, I think everyone needs a day or two every so often of just NOTHING.  Lincoln's parents then joined us on Friday and babysat Sadie Saturday while Lincoln and I hiked Boiling Lake.




Sunday was Easter and G.G. Matheson gave Sadie an adorable little Easter dress that she had fun dancing in while eating chocolate ( sorry, didn't get a video). The next 2 days brought more beach time and playground time with grandma and grandpa. Sadie was so sad to see them go! (I don't blame her, so were Lincoln and I) but her tears as grandma and grandpa got in the van without her were absolutely heart breaking. *pause*  ok, I can keep going now.


The rest of that week was spent at the beach/home and helping all the new families coming in.  I now have a friend living next door! Most of our complex was just single students, but a family moved in right next to us! They have the sweetest little 4month old baby boy, Chase, and they are very excited to be here.  (I'll have to take a picture of him later, so little!)

The first weekend of May was spent engaged in an intense tag team match of Lincoln/Michelle VS. Electronics/Transformers.  I am happy to announce that Lincoln and I completely dominated the match. As a result, 2 transformers broke (one I pile drove, and the other Lincoln put in a sharpshooter and made it tap out), Lincoln then distracted the TV/Wii/PS3 while I sneaked up from behind and power bombed them all through a table simultaneously.  Sadly, Lincoln and I should have thought this through before accepting the challenge.  Because of the awesome battle of wits, we are now down 1 transformer and our Wii and PS3 are still in rehab.


Monday, May 2nd, we went with some friends to Emerald Pool and to the Carib territory. Great fun, especially now that I have a waterproof cover for my camera, check this out:



The rest of the week went by fairly slowly (exception being the Branch Social Friday night) with just a boat ride up the Indian River; we enjoyed being with each other before school starts.

Yesterday, was our first water adventure.  The clouds decided normal rain wasn't cool enough and they decided to shoot water guns and dump buckets on us all day, this caused Dominica's water system to shut down and put us without water for the night (not bad, considering it was only one night).  We look forward to this coming semester with enthusiasm.  One of Lincoln's big topics will be Neuro (brain) and I am the Activities Coordinator for the Spouses Organization. We love you all!  Thanks for reading this amazingly, wonderfully long, post!

2 comments:

  1. So fun to hear about your break. Ian loves the pictures of Sadie! We just returned from visiting Jason's fam in Georgia and Brandon's in Virginia, doing some of Washington D.C. It was great. You can catch up on the posts. I LOVE Sadie's Easter dress. So fun that Lincoln's parents could come. Today I got a card for Grandma Eliason...wait—it's ME!—from Kinley. SO cute and sweet. Hope the next semester is another great adventure for your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been East of Wisconsin (well, until we moved here). D.C. huh? Post lots of pics! Ha ha, don't you love being a grandma? Not that I've been one myself, but I know that my mom can't seem to get enough and Lincoln's mom was in heaven while she was here. I can't wait for this semester to be over (and it only just started!) mainly because once it's over that means that the hottest part of the year is out of the way (without A/C in the house, that's huge). Other than that, I'm really excited because there are so many new moms/spouses close by for me to hang out with now. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?