Tuesday, March 8, 2011

18 months

Sadie is 18 months old tomorrow! Crazy!  Normally, she'd be having a doctor's appointment soon. Instead I'll just give you an update.  Sadie can walk, run, dance, spin in circles, and she's even getting good at swimming already! New words are: boat, book, hot dog, "ow", sad, hot, no, wash, bubbles, and outside. That's about all I can think of right now although I'm sure there're more.  She's learned how to play a couple of games on the Wii fit and requests them often. She weighs 27lbs still but only fits size 6 diapers (or Large swim diapers), she's still only 31" tall (as far as I've been able to measure) but because she's standing up straighter and because of everything she gets into I'm sure she's much taller sometimes.  I bought her a training toilet seat (goes on the normal toilet) for her to get used to, especially since she's been showing interest and communicates with me when she needs to go.  Sadie often will run to the bathroom, grab the training potty, position it on the toilet, and then squat... she'll then look at me, tell me she's done, and then flushes the toilet. Good times!

She loves Vitamin C, I have to limit her to 2-3/day and she loves having yogurt mixed in with her milk.  Sadie's discovered that by taking apart cookies she can eat the frosting/creme on the inside without eating the cookie and she likes fruit snacks.  Her favorite food remains hot dogs and I need to give her a banana again to see if she likes those still (she wasn't wanting them for a while so I took a break and stopped giving them to her).  Spaggettio's are near the top of the list, but her number one favorite food/drink is "whatever mommy and daddy are eating"

In the pool Sadie has a little lifevest/floaty device that she loves because when she wears it, she is capable of kicking across the pool and turning around in circles (I'll try to get a video for you sometime).  Monday, I was able to capture a video of her dancing (just to the Wii background music). Enjoy the video of my little girl  (not so much a baby anymore )



No comments:

Post a Comment

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?