Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No Pictures?

Sorry I'm so bad at updating this! I tend to wait until I have news or a picture to post. But all the exciting news has happened (except for the actual arrival of the baby). As far as pictures go, I really need to post a few, my belly is getting pretty round now. It's weird to think I have just over 2 months to go and already our daughter knows how to position herself under my ribs so that it hurts to move at all. My body's starting to feel like it's falling apart again (by again I mean I thought I was done with the nausea part). I'm starting to get nauseous if I don't eat something and my left hip/knee (depending on the day) will randomly hurt really bad if I try to walk anywhere. Heartburn's kicked up a notch (I'm so glad that I like the way Tums taste!)

Other than that things are going great! I think I'm nesting judging by the 12 batches of cookies made in 3 weeks, (if you didn't get to sample any of those, just ask, we still have plenty of supplies!) as well as the crazy unpacking/repacking/reorganizing of our tiny apartment. The 'up' side to nesting is that our apartment has never been cleaner, and that it continues to stay clean between cleanings (not that those ever stop!) Those of you that want your house/apt cleaned, don't ask me, I only enjoy cleaning my own. And even though I am continually giving the house a deep "spring cleaning" it never seems clean enough!

This is so weird, I don't feel any different (physically yes, mentally no) but if I take a step back and look at the changes that have happened (crazy cleaning and baking hobbies starting up) I know that this baby will have more of an impact on my life than just financially. Yes, I know that's to be expected, I guess I didn't realize that my mind set and life would change before I even meet her! This is a really exciting time in my life, does this excitement only exist with the oldest? Or will it be present for subsequent children? Thank you all for your support!

"May you be given strength to carry your heavy load, to meet every obligation, to walk side by side with a good and faithful and caring man, and together with him rear and nurture and bring up your children in righteousness and truth. Nothing else you will ever own, no worldly thing you will ever acquire will be worth so much as the love of your children. God bless you, my dear, dear young mothers." ~Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

  1. Alan and Sara OlsenJune 26, 2009 at 1:00 PM

    You are so funny with your nesting, I definitely went though the baking craze too... and thanks for the yummy cookies :)
    Even though at this point it feels like forever away, your baby will arrive before you know it! Enjoy having alone time with Lincoln, it may be a while before you have it again! I'm excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?