Guess what! Our little baby has a heart! We heard it today... It was like "Da da da da da" (real fast) and in the background "Whoosh-thump, whoosh-thump". Dr said the baby's heart beats at 160-170 times a minute! Crazy! Needless to say, both Lincoln and I were very disappointed when the Dr took the heart-beat-listening-device away. I'm not really sure what to say, this whole experience has been kind of dream-like, except for the nausea part, it hasn't really hit me yet. It doesn't help that the rest of my life is in flux right now as well. Maybe (doubtfully, but maybe) I'll start writing more often than once every 4wks, it might keep my mind off of the disappointing things in life and help me focus on the happy ones (like cute babies!!!)
~Michelle
So are you officially in your 2nd trimester now? The cool thing is that at all of your appointments from here on out you should get to hear the heartbeat :) Sorry about the sickness though... thats a bummer!
ReplyDeleteYup! I'm hoping that the sickness will start to subside, we'll see.
ReplyDelete