Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ultrasound #1

Yay! Cute baby! (actually, he currently looks alien-like as you can see, but he has "cute" potential!) The new estimated delivery date is Sept 4th. As this is 2 wks different from what the nurse practitioner told us last week (supposedly more accurate) I'm holding out for late Aug (yes, mom, I know you're laughing). For those of you who don't know, even though my birthday is Sept 15, my due date was Aug 25. I was 3 wks late! Ya, I hope that doesn't happen with my baby even though the curse of my parents is upon me... "I hope you have a kid just like you!"

Watching the ultrasound was exciting, I've never seen one before (no, pictures don't count). Even the baby is only the size of a large jelly bean (thanks Tacia) he already has a heart that we could see (thumping so fast! It looked like a little bird's heart)and he even wiggled!!! Part of me is sad that I saw him, because now I can't wait for the next one so I can "see" my baby again. I'm sure that even though I will start to feel him, that all the ultrasounds will be exciting as I watch my baby grow. For the time being, feel free to call my baby a "he" just so he won't be an "it". No, there's no reason we're calling him a boy, the nurse practitioner doing the ultrasound was calling the baby a "he" 'cuz she hates the political correctness of "it". "It" makes him sound like a non-human. Since the nurse was calling the baby a "he" Lincoln and I decided that was as good as "she" until we find out. Yes, if you want to call the baby a "she" that's fine, pick one or switch as you want.

Sorry, this is a pretty long post. I'll try to be more concise in the future.
~Michelle

4 comments:

  1. My apologies, I just realized that I had comments restricted to only me... that's changed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Michelle! We think he/she looks like our family : )


    (DE this is Aunt DE and Uncle Scott)

    ReplyDelete

Will this next bundle of wiggles be a boy or a girl?